Wednesday, June 8, 2011

White River, Washington County, Arkansas June 4th, 2011: Great 6 mile kayak trip on the White River

Upper White River, 6.5 mile Kayak paddling trip


Share your Adventures with SpotAdventures

Really enjoyed my time on the White River, just south of Beaver Lake in Arkansas.  This is a very docile river, at least at this stage.  Lake is still high and so is the river- high and slow.  There were some pretty incredible back bay type areas, chock full of White egrets and Blue Herons, as well as an abundance of Kingfishers.
I fished it as well in preparation for the kayak fishing tournament I entered for the next day.  On the map where it ends, there was a really nice, fast run.  If I was to continue on, I would probably portage it to the other side.  Instead, I parked on a rock bank and swam for a spell in the river.  That felt good considering it was in the mid 90's.   I will be coming back again to paddle and fish this stretch of river.  Check out the video below to see what I mean.

Flow(Cfs): 400 cfs
Guage Height: 11'

Paddle ON

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment