Saturday, June 25, 2011

Kayak Fishing off Hatterras Island, Pamilico Sound, North Carolina: Wide variety of saltwater fish in the sound!



This is the video I posted to our http://www.fishmissouri.org/ site.  North Carolina does not really count as the "Midwest", however, we go out there every year for our annual family vacation, and I just had to post it.  If you get a chance to ever paddle the Outer Banks in North Carolina, you owe it to yourself to do so.  I did quite a few miles up and down the sound, and just basically fished and enjoyed the experience.  I ended up renting a Necky sit inside kayak in lieu of bringing either one of the kayaks from St. Louis.....I thought it was a good choice and really enjoyed the experience.
The sound is such an interesting place to paddle.  You can be at shore and it looks calm, but get about 1/2 mile out, and the waves can be pretty intense due to the wind (especially when they are going from east to west).
I cannot wait to get back and get on even more Outer Banks kayaking next year!

Paddle ON!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment