Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cool quick Thanksgiving paddle on beautiful Creve Coeur Lake, St. Louis County, MO.



This trip was not my first choice for the day.  I had set out a few hours earlier to go to Horseshoe Lake, IL.   I thought it would be cool to paddle and see the St. Louis skyline on a kayak again.  Note to self: It is duck season and the lake is closed to duck hunters.  So I left there and drove up towards Alton.  I figured I would paddle the Mississippi River area on the Missouri side.  Note to self: It is duck season.....areas are closed and people are duck hunting.

So out of frustration and heading towards my house, I was debating not even getting in the water.  However, I figured that to be a self-defeating attitude, and very "counter productive" to the kayak "lifestyle" so I stopped at Creve Coeur Lake.

What an incredible paddle!  Almost the minute I hit the water, the sun came out, it warmed up a tad, and the paddle was on.  Was not my first choice.....sometimes you have to be grateful for the trip that you got :)

Paddle ON!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment