Friday, November 25, 2011

48 degrees....time to get the kayaks out! Paddeling Lake St. Louis, St. Charles County, MO. November 23rd, 2011



Sometimes the best kayak trips are the impromptu ones.  My friend Ray Schroeder lives right on Lake St. Louis in St. Charles County.  I just happened to have my kayak strapped to the top of my car.  I had left my sea bag in his van from our trip on the Meremac River a few days prior.  We had just enough time for a quick paddle before the sun went down.  Started with a light drizzle (it rained off and on all day) and a temperature of about 48 degrees.  It made me appreciate my spray skirt (I consider this a must have if you want to get out in the winter).  We paddled about 3 miles total.  Felt really good to get back out on the water.

Paddle ON!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment