Saturday, March 26, 2011

Finger Lakes State Park, Boone County, Missouri: Great place to Kayak in Mid-Missouri



We had a great day of kayaking at Finger Lakes State Park just north of Columbia, Missouri on March 20th, 2011.  This is a reclaimed Peabody Coal strip mine.  There are miles and miles of old trenches that have been converted into lakes.  I caught a really nice crappie at the end of one of these last year, so when I come back I will need to bring a fishing pole for sure.
We did about 6.8 total miles. I am going to tally up all the miles so far this year and set up some sort of a paddling goal for the year....should be fun, and a good way to keep in shape. 
The area has a lot of evergreen-type trees, so it kind of reminds me of what Canada could look like....I would love to kayak the boundary waters in northern Minnesota/Southern Canada real soon!

Paddle ON!

MLT

No comments:

Post a Comment